Rejoining Detective Inspector - HC38011
Locatons - Police Investigation Centres in Basingstoke, Portsmouth and Southampton
Rank - Substantive Inspector with PIP2 qualification
South East Allowance payment applies
Whilst we are keen to accommodate rejoining officers where possible, please be aware we do not have any immediate vacancies at this rank. Due to high volume of demand applications received will be prioritised based on your skills and the requirements in force.
We currently have exciting opportunities available for individuals who have previously been a police officer and served with a UK Police Force but have been out of policing for less than 5 years and are not in receipt of their pension.
As well as being one of the largest forces in the country, Hampshire has more police officers in front-line roles than average. Policing in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight includes:
- policing across 1,500 square miles, land which is largely rural but with densely populated cities
- a significant transport network including the M27 and M3, key rail hubs and two international airports
- critical national infrastructure sites to keep safe such as the ports in Southampton and Portsmouth as well as crucial oil refineries.
We value and invest in staff health and wellbeing because we know that only people who are well looked after can give the public the best possible protection. Our work on wellbeing is recognised nationally, and the unique challenges we face means there are opportunities beyond those available in many other forces.
For a description of the personal qualities to be evidenced in your application, please click on the following link: https://staging.profdev.college.police.uk/competency-values/
Please note that you must have either been employed by a Home Office Force, British Transport Police or Ministry of Defence Police and hold a minimum of a PIP 2 qualification in order to apply. Successful applicants will have to pass a medical screening, vetting and a fitness test and be available to attend a 1 -2 week transferee course. The length of course will dependant on your skills transfer. We have courses scheduled for the end of 2020 and throughout 2021.
To apply for this opportunity please click on the button below. Please do not attach a CV to the candidate profile, complete the application form that is linked to the vacancy.
To be eligible to re-join Hampshire Constabulary as a Detective Inspector you will need to:
- have been a serving police officer in a Home Office force and have completed the two year probationary period and the Policing Diploma or your forces equivalent qualification and been confirmed as a substantive.
- Have passed the promotions process, including work-based assessment (if NPPF qualified) and have been previously posted as a substantive Inspector.
- Hold a minimum of a PIP 2 qualification.
- Have been out of policing for less than 5 years at the time of your application
- pass the necessary vetting and occupational health checks
- pass the basic fitness test, which is a shuttle run (bleep test) to level 5.4 or above and a push / pull test
- have resided in the UK for three years immediately prior to submitting your application
- not be a member of the British National Party (BNP) or similar organisation
- declare any business interest
- hold a full manual driving licence
Competent Inspector with PIP2 qualification.
Please upload your last 2 PDR's (if available), your PIP 2 certificate and evidence of any promotion qualifications (OSPRE or NPPF) to the My Documents section of the form before submitting your application.
For role related queries please call 101 and ask to be put in touch with DI Paula James.
For application queries please either email: email@example.com or ring: 01962 846438
Please note that the email address you supply when submitting an application will be used for contact throughout the full lifecycle of that vacancy. You will not be able to amend your contact details. You should therefore ensure that you choose an appropriately accessible email address, being mindful that the process may take several months for some roles.
Hampshire Constabulary is an inclusive employer and strives to have a workforce representative of the communities we police and serve. We recognise that we are not fully representative and are working to address this imbalance through a variety of initiatives.
The Equality Act 2010 allows us to promote equality within Hampshire Constabulary by adopting Positive Action to support people from under-represented groups. Our aim is to recruit talented people with a diverse range of skills and experience and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Our Positive Action team are available to provide support through the application and assessment process by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Disability Confident campaign aims to remove barriers, increase understanding and ensure that people have opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. We will accommodate requests for reasonable adjustments where possible throughout our recruitment and promotions processes and encourage anyone requiring reasonable adjustments to disclose this at the earliest opportunity.