Volunteer - Cadet Scheme Leader (Oxford)
We are looking for volunteers who will work with a team of leaders, inspiring and guiding police cadets towards a successful future - potentially as Special Constables, Police Constables, and Police Community Support Officers. You must have an interest in supporting teenagers and be over 18 years old.
Cadets meet one evening a week to gain an insight into the various departments within the force, learn a range of skills and take part in community events. They also volunteer for three hours a month to assist the police in attending public events, delivering crime prevention advice and general public engagement initiatives.
As a Cadet Leader you will be:-
• Supporting cadets at weekly sessions and occasional weekends
• Supporting cadets at community events/projects
• Help broaden cadets knowledge of policing and volunteering in the community
• Undertaking basic administrative tasks utilising ICT systems
• Helping to arrange and manage the cadet programme
• Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
• A respect for race and diversity
• A non-judgemental attitude
• A commitment to confidentiality
• Good listening and communication skills
Assisting the principle leader to carry out their duties
• Maintaining the standard of dress for cadets and leaders at your base
• Dealing with any disciplinary matters
• Maintaining order and discipline on your base
• Upholding health and safety regulations
• Attending meetings on behalf of your base
• Supporting cadets in future recruitment opportunities; and
• Ensuring cadets are aware of all volunteering opportunities
If you are interested please complete the online application form. If you have any queries on completing the application form, please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77, quoting reference 14813.
Please note this vacancy will be removed once sufficient candidates have been sourced.