ICT Network Manager
Reports to the ICT Infrastructure Manager. Has supervisory responsibility for ICT Analysts and Support Officers within the Infrastructure area of the ICT Department and manages the contractual obligations of our managed services and network providers.
To manage and develop effective, efficient, secure and available networks;LAN, WAN & Wi-Fi and associated services to the Alliance. With responsibilities that include but are not limited to:-
- Provide technical expertise, advice, support and guidance to managers engaged in identifying, developing and exploiting ICT networks to improve customer services internally and externally, developing user specifications and working in conjunction with Procurement in the letting and acceptance of tenders and contracts.
- Establishing, maintaining and monitoring, in conjunction with other Alliance personnel and third parties, appropriate service level, availability, configuration, capacity, change and release management processes for ICT networks
- Lead teams – in-house, third party and partner - in the development and installation of appropriate ICT network solutions, often within the context of an agreed project methodology, so as to support the delivery of improved operational performance or to offer other clear business benefits
- Delivering outstanding ICT networks and services; both fixed and wireless (e.g. LAN, WAN & Wi-Fi)
- Manage the integration of new technologies to support police service, Alliance and ICT Department aims and objectives Management of the Networks Tower within the Managed Services Contract(s) tasked with the day to day support of the Alliance ICT network services, ensuring that they perform to agreed standards and service levels and within budgetary constraints
- Manage the support for all associated network equipment including the management of the service contracts with key suppliers
- Provide appropriate representation at force, Alliance, regional and national user groups, forums and other bodies
- Project Manage ICT Networking activities
- Managing network related budgets and ensuring that agreed standards and service levels are maintained within budgetary constraints
- Lead, chair, attend and facilitate workshops and meetings, preparing and delivering presentations and other communication and engagements activity as required.