PS/535/B - SC3 - Transport Officer - Beds Transport Unit
Bedfordshire Police is looking for a Transport officer who would be based at Luton Police Station. You will be supporting Bedfordshire Police in achieving its objectives by providing a Divisional Transport Service.
- Planning and monitoring work in relation to transport, ensuring that all tasks are completed to the required standard.
- Facilitating transport functions as necessary to ensure that the required level of service to the Force is maintained.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the Force vehicle fleet, including transmitters and other equipment.
- Liaising with the garage Workshop Supervisor and local contractors with reference to the repair, maintenance and servicing of vehicles.
- Managing the administrative functions within Transport as appropriate, ensuring that the quality of repairs is of a satisfactory standard.
- Maintaining the Force Vehicle Traka System ensuring all data is current and accurate.
- Clean driving licence.
- Experience in basic vehicle maintenance such as jump-starting vehicles, changing bulbs/tyres etc.
- You must have a good standard of written and verbal communication
- Two Years’ experience in administration
- Involvement with driving with mechanical appreciation for approximately five years.
- Knowledge of motor vehicles in order to undertake/supervise daily checks.
- Able to lift heavy equipment.
- Clean driving licence.
All internal applicants must have successfully completed their probationary period in order to apply for this role.
Internal applicants within Bedfordshire Police, should upload either a CV or a completed ‘Staff internal role summary’ form, which can be found in the vacancy documents below. Please note you will be required to provide a statement no more than 500 words against the minimum entry requirements as stipulated in the role profile.
External applicants should ensure that your current CV is uploaded and provide a statement no more than 500 words against the minimum entry requirements as stipulated in the role profile. To ensure the recruitment process is fair and equal, please do not include personal details on your CV other than your name.
This vacancy is live to those at risk of redundancy and will remain open to redeployees until the conditional offer stage throughout the recruitment process. Any redeployee that wishes to apply should apply through the redeployment portal and provide a statement no more than 500 words against the minimum entry requirements as stipulated in the role profile. Redeployees will take priority over other applicants at any point during the recruitment process up until a start date is agreed. Redeployee’s should notify the BCH Careers team and their HR Advisor of their application. All applicants will be notified if this occurs.
This force is a Disability Confident employer. Should you require any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please get in touch with the Recruitment Team via the relevant force inbox, or directly with the manager contact for this role. We also offer the guaranteed interview scheme; this means that all candidates with a disability covered by the Equality Act 2010, who meet the minimum entry requirements for the role, will be invited to attend an interview.
Please contact Fleet Support Manager Sara Mcneil on email@example.com if you have query about the role.
All applications must be submitted through our online recruitment website by clicking the apply button below.