HP - Senior HR Advisor (People Development & Culture)
Role: HP – Senior HR Advisor (People Development & culture)
Department: Peoples Services
Location: Priory Road
Salary: Starting at £29,793 (With Annual Increments)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
We are recruiting for Senior HR Advisor to work within our busy Peoples Services Department, based at Priory Road.
As a Senior HR Advisor (People Development & Culture) you will assist in the management and delivery of an effective comprehensive People Services department to realise the strategic direction set by the Senior Leadership Team. Providing a professional approach striving for continuous improvement and lean principles within the department.
This role will be pivotal in acting as a trusted point of contact for the Workforce Transformation team and our wider customers. The role will support the delivery of our Plan on a Page and People Strategy by creating and delivering a suite of products, resources, interventions and initiatives to help develop and deliver the organisations vision regarding people development and cultural change.
- Understands the organisations’ cultural ambition around professional development, talent management, leadership, DEI, and organisational expectations at an individual and local level.
- Acts as an internal advisor and works with the wider People Development & Culture team to assist the HR Specialist in developing frameworks and strategies to land organisational initiatives and products with our people, gaining feedback and sharing as appropriate
- Delivers key projects related to talent management, diversity, equality and inclusion, performance and cultural engagement. Coordinates a number of entry routes, such as Fast Track, Direct Entry and Police Now.
- Uses an evidence based approach to identify, plan and measure outcomes to inform the design and development of solutions related to people performance and development.
- Builds effective partnerships and acts as a collaborator across the organisation, gaining intelligence and supporting teams/ leaders with the creation and development of specific local plans.
- Directly manages the delivery of outreach activity by the Performance & Skill Coach. Assists with this activity and delivers coaching and facilitation to individuals and teams across the business as required.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to our people, sharing own experiences, specialist knowledge and supporting the development of others.
- Identifies trends, key risks and opportunities relating to people development and culture. Is responsible for the evaluation of current activity and offers improvements to enable long term and sustainable change, inclusive of the Forces’ development portal.
- Takes ownership of the running and effective functioning of Force coaching and mentoring networks.
- Works closely with the Leadership and Management team to ensure clarity and consistency of messaging related to leadership and development.
- Performs such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
Skills and experience:
- Occupational Psychologist and/ or CIPD membership, or equivalent level of expertise gained through experience.
- Experience in delivering effective solutions in key areas linked to People Development and Culture, inclusive of talent management, coaching and mentoring and DE&I.
- Experience of gaining local and organisational intelligence and developing targeted solutions to meet needs.
- Experience in an advisory capacity related to people development.
- Understands and can apply theories and practice to ensure effective people development solutions.
- Easily builds trust with key stakeholders and has credibility built upon professional knowledge and experience.
- Is able to analyse data and make effective decisions to ensure the successful delivery of key projects and solutions.
- Able to multi task and run several key organisational projects, with limited supervision.
- Shows commercial awareness, linking with the wider Workforce Transformation to gain key data to analyse cost effectiveness and return on investment of solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to use own initiative and judgement in the interpretation of issues, problems etc. Possess understanding of when matters should be referred to more senior officer.
- Networks inside and outside of the organisation with fellow practitioners and key contacts to exchange ideas and use these to problem solve and create effective solutions/ activities
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position please refer to the attached role requirement.
Humberside Police have polices in place to support a good work-life balance and employee well-being.
Further benefits are;
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Employee assistance service ( accessible 24/7)
- Flexible working where applicable
- Generous pension scheme
- Internal applicants MUST of completed a successful 6 month probationary period before applying for another role within the force.
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria of at least 3 years in order to apply for a role within Humberside in any capacity.
- Successful candidates will undergo a vetting procedure pre-requisite of employment.
Contact point for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Wednesday 14th of April 2021 at 23.55
It is not likely that closing dates will be extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and would need to be with the permission of the HR Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
- Role Requirement
- Guidance for completing your application
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page: