Transferee ARV Constable - Specialist Operations
Specialist Operations ARV Constables - Lincolnshire
Location: Nettleham (Force Headquarters) and Boston.
Lincolnshire Police Specialist Operations invites applications from constables who are authorised Firearms Officers qualified to ARV role profile or above to become part of our Armed Response Vehicle Teams. Specialist Operations currently have vacancies at both Lincolnshire operating bases (Force Headquarters Nettleham and Boston Police Station) and applicants’ posting preferences will be taken into account.
Specialist Operations is required to maintain armed support to the force in respect of general policing and to respond to the demands in respect of counter terrorism. The ARV teams are responsible for the 24/7 spontaneous armed response to incidents, in addition to the roads policing initial response to serious and fatal road traffic collisions. ARV is a dual role department. There are opportunities to further specialise in areas such as Close Protection or Tactical Rifle Officer.
Candidates will be required to provide Firearms Training Records prior to appointment with the Force.
Our successful candidates will be officers that demonstrate the following qualities:
- Fairness, respect for all and an understanding of the importance of diversity.
- Highly motivated, professional and exhibit a high level of integrity.
- Ability to resolve difficult problems in pressurised situations.
- Have an aptitude for learning, retaining such information and putting that into operational practise.
Female officers and officers from minority backgrounds are underrepresented in Specialist Operations and are particularly invited to consider applying.
Transferring Officer Relocation Expenses Package - East Lincolnshire
For officers looking to relocate to the East of our county, we currently offer a Transferring Officer Relocation Expenses Package. This allows you to claim expenses up to a value of £5,000 towards the costs of relocating to the East of Lincolnshire. There is a certain criteria to ensure that you are eligible to take advantage of this; costs that can be assisted with include the below:
- Costs of removal, including removal fees and storage costs.
- Solicitor’s fees and estate agent fees incurred in selling the former home against estimates agreed.
- Solicitor’s fees, estate agent fees and stamp duty incurred in acquiring a new property.
- Expenses for initially arranging the rental of the former home owned by the transferring officer.
To apply, you must complete and return the Transferee Application Form, Transferee Eligibility and Equal Opportunities Form.
Important points for consideration
- You must have a full manual Driving License.
- Please ensure you submit the last three years’ appraisals with your application. If you have passed your probationary period within the last three years then please send a copy of your certificate of confirmation and your performance reviews at weeks 45, 60, 75 and 90, as well as appraisals to ensure we have at least three years’ performance history.
- If successful you will be required to complete vetting and a medical assessment, and your fitness test and any mandatory training must be in date and be able to be evidenced through your training record e.g. personal safety training, first aid, driving assessments. We will not be able to make a formal offer whilst any of these are outstanding.
- As part of the application process you are asked for your preferred posting locations. Please note that although we take this into consideration, this is not a guarantee of the posting to be offered. Postings will be allocated based on operational requirements and the current and anticipated Force demand.
- We apply an attendance criteria to all officers and this includes officers wishing to transfer. For any officer who is successful at the selection process, details of sickness will be requested to ensure the officer meets the attendance criteria at the point of any provisional offer being made. Please refer to the attached Managing Attendance Policy to ensure you are aware of the attendance criteria you will need to meet.
- As part of your application please also complete the eligibility and diversity monitoring form and return with your completed application and the relevant documents to email@example.com or send by post to Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, PO Box 999, Lincoln, LN5 7PH.
We look forward to receiving your application and if you have any questions or would like to discuss the opportunities further, please contact the HR Resourcing & Succession Planning Team on 01522 558235.Related Documents & Further Reading
- ARV Job Description (pdf) View Download
- Transferee Application Form (doc) View Download
- Transferee Eligibility and Equal Opportunities Form (doc) View Download
- Line Manager Support Form (doc) View Download
- Transferee guidance (pdf) View Download
- Managing Attendance Policy (pdf) View Download
- Attendance Criteria (pdf) View Download
17 Nov 20 3:17 PM