We have an exciting opportunity for a Campaigns Manager to be based at our Force Headquarters, in Camden, London. This is a permanent, full time post paying £33,438.11 per annum. If you are looking for a role in communications that brings together your campaigning passions and your sense of social responsibility then this is it.
An award winning in-house team with an agency feel, the British Transport Police (BTP) Campaigns and Marketing team has recently restructured to offer a new specialist multi channeled approach to the national police force’s proactive communications. The team is responsible for designing and producing BTP’s campaign communications, which not only save lives but also tackle some of society’s biggest issues. From preventing suicide to countering terrorism and reducing violent or sexual assaults – we can promise every day will be different.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Campaigns Manager with BTP you will support British Transport Police in achieving its strategic objectives by leading, directing and coordinating the delivery of integrated forcewide communications campaigns and activity. You will provide expert advice to BTP on the management of high profile forcewide communications and influence public behaviour and BTP's reputation through national campaign activity.
As Campaigns Manager you will be required to:
- Plan, coordinate and maintain professional oversight of the implementation of multi-channel, integrated forcewide communications campaigns and activity aimed at changing behaviour and perceptions; evaluate effectiveness, ensuring lessons learned are shared with colleagues and taken into consideration in future communications campaigns activity.
- Deliver integrated forcewide communications campaigns and activity on time and budget, and provide support for forcewide events, including awards ceremonies and exhibitions.
- Responsible for the overall delivery of a number of public facing corporate publications annually, including but not limited to the annual report, policing plans, public consultation and rail staff survey.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with counterparts at key partner, stakeholder and campaign partner organisations, representing BTP and influencing decision-making at a senior level.
- Represent BTP, influencing and playing an active role in various rail and policing industry communications forums.
- Represent the department, influencing and playing an active role at internal boards and meetings.
- Maintain expert knowledge of legislative issues relating to aspects of media law and web-based technologies and ensure legal and quality procedures are followed.
- Maintain accurate records of work and recommendations in accordance with BTP policy.
- Promote and comply with BTP policies on Diversity and Health and Safety in the delivery of service and treatment of others.
The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to degree level in Media, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or similar professional qualification.
- Proven experience of planning, delivering and evaluating integrated communications strategies for a large and complex organisation on time and on budget – in house or in agency
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with multiple partners and stakeholders and acting as a representative at a senior level
- Proven experience of commissioning and managing external design and communications agencies
- Proven experience of crisis communications management and managing reputation issues
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
If you are interested in applying to this Campaigns Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £33,438.11 plus £2,634 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.