REVIVE Volunteer (Ref: 74)Purpose
Op REVIVE Volunteers will provide a vital service, being a point of contact between the Police and vulnerable persons in their local communities. On referral they will listen to local people, identify where there are gaps in provision and where further crime prevention measures are necessary to prevent ongoing victimisation. They will also be aware of the importance of promoting and encouraging those who have been victims of crime to report such incidents. They will also provide support and reassurance and is a vital link between the community and the local Police teams.What you will be doing
Tasks will be varied, but may include:
- Being a point of contact in areas with high numbers of residents considered a high risk of becoming victims.
- Liaising with Lincolnshire Trading Standards and other agencies
- Taking referrals and carrying out reassurance visits with victims of crime
- Giving crime prevention advice and information
- Liaising with local policing teams
- Raising awareness of hate crime and promoting third party reporting of hate crime
- Signposting victims accordingly
- Liaising with the Op REVIVE Coordinator and wider Crime Prevention Department
To get the most out of the opportunity, you will need to be confident communicating with a wide range of people. You will be empathetic with good listening skills and understand the sensitive and deeply personal nature of being a victim of certain types of crime especially in relation to hate crime, fraud and doorstep crime. You will also need to have a willingness to learn about new types of fraud.
The role needs volunteers who are able to commit to flexible working within local communities.Location and times
Dates and times are flexible and can be arranged to fit around the individual volunteer, but the role will require an average of 1-2 hours a week including travel.Training and support
All volunteers receive a local induction and a Volunteer Handbook with all the information needed to support you in your role. Training in a variety of relevant subjects will be given, including crime prevention, hate crime & doorstep crime & scams.
You will be supervised by the REVIVE coordinator but will also have local policing contacts and access to staff in the Volunteer Team that can help and support you in your role.Other information
Travel expenses incurred as a result of the role will be paid at the relevant rate.
This role will require a security check, a health check and for you to sign an agreement to maintain confidentiality, as you may have access to sensitive material.What to do if you are interested
Apply now or contact:
The Volunteer Team
Tel: (01522) 947064
Code of Ethics / PRIDE
Volunteers will be required to abide by the Forces Code of Ethics at all times.
All volunteers will perform their role in accordance with the Force principles of Policing with P.R.I.D.E.
- Professionalism - Consistently demonstrating the highest standards of occupational practice and behaviour
- Respect - Showing consideration and courtesy to our community and our colleagues and respect for our Force
- Integrity - Showing honesty, openness and fairness in the way we behave
- Dedication - Being caring and committed to delivering excellent services
- Empathy - Being able to see things from another's point of view and show understanding
Equality and diversity
All volunteers are required to carry out their role in a way that supports the Force Diversity Objectives.
Health and safety
Volunteers will take will take all reasonable care of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Line managers and volunteers should be aware of the relevant risk assessment for the role. Along with the generic Risk Assessment for all roles – 5010 Working on Police Premises
Safeguarding and children vulnerable adults
Lincolnshire Police has a duty to promote the welfare of, and safeguard of children and vulnerable adults. Volunteers are required to comply with Force Policy and Standard Operating Procedures in respect of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
12 Dec 18 3:34 PM