Property Officer - North Kent Police StationJob Description – Property Officer
Purpose of the Role
The role will entail working within the Property and Facilities Teams as required by the Team Supervisors /Management within the building.
You will be responsible for recording and storing all evidential and found property held within the Force and arrange, in conjunction with the Officer in the case for it to be returned to the rightful owner or disposed of in line with force policy.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Working within the Property Team undertaking varied duties in line with KPI’s which include:
• Processing and retrieval of seized evidential items
• Disposal of items no longer required in line with OIC guidance and force policy
• To record and manage all interview tapes.
• To manage all aspects of archiving old records & interview tapes.
• Complete and maintain all records, forms & systems with respect to receiving and/ or releasing Police Property in line with the agreed process & procedures.
• To empty the transit store on a daily basis.
• Dealing with lost/found property
• Dealing with phone calls from the general public & arranging collection of property with them.
• To locate all property taken from the transit store into the property store by use of Kent Police’s computerised system (OPRAH).
• To arrange distribution of property to other police stations as and when required.
• To ensure property is readily available for collection by officers when requested.
• To follow all Health & Safety practices within the workplace.
• To assist Kent Police in all aspects relating to property and the service expected. To maintain the highest possible working relationship between Kent Police & Tascor
• Prepared to go that extra mile in order to maintain a smooth running operation.
• To keep the workplace clean, tidy & free from any obstructions.
• To keep manager advised of any items not appropriately Labelled/Packaged in order that these can be escalated to North Kent Police for action.
• To undertake any other duty as required by management.
Provide ad hoc support to the FM team in the undertaking of FM admin/Maintenance/Janitorial duties.
Provide a flexible approach to your duties and carry out occasional alternative tasks as required by your line manager, building supervisors/managers or Facilities Manager.
· Providing excellent customer service.
· Attention to detail.
· Team work.
· Analytical and clear thinking.
· Good composure.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Organised and methodical in relation to record keeping.
· Flexible regarding working hours.
· Computer literacy.
· ‘Can do’ attitude.
· Team worker.
Smart appearance (Corporate clothing will be provided),
· Full UK Driving License
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,538.00 /year
To apply please send CV by post to
North Kent Police Station, Thames Way, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 8BD
or by e mail to