Cloud Services Team Leader
A Cloud Services Team Leader is required for a Permanent Contract role paying up to £59, 075.96 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Cloud Services Team Leader you will be responsible for the provision of application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the systems or to service delivery functions. Support typically includes investigation and resolution of issues and may also include performance monitoring. Issues may be resolved by providing advice or training to users, by devising corrections (permanent or temporary) for faults, making general or site specific modifications, updating documentation, manipulating data, or defining enhancements Support often involves close collaboration with the system's developers and/or with colleagues specialising in different areas, such as Database administration or Network support.
As Cloud Services Team Leader you will be required to:
- Plan, design, implement and maintain a wide variety of cloud services and applications.
- Solve the nontechnical challenges, collaborating with external stakeholders, improving processes, and team development.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise and work with individual team members to develop their skills and with the team as a whole to define and develop the technical solutions with the support of the Enterprise Architecture Team.
- Liaise and work with cross functional technical delivery teams with their area of functional expertise.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and innovation across all aspects of technology development, including being responsible for; Office 365 Microsoft Online Services, Citrix Services, SaaS Products / Applications and COTS.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Cloud Services Team Leader will be required to evidence the following skills & qualifications:
- Educated to degree level in a specific IT or engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Accredited to ITIL Foundation Level or higher
- Proven experience of managing a technical delivery team in a demanding fast paced 24/7 environment.
- Responsible for technical design and implementation of Infrastructure Services together with the Architecture function.
- Sound knowledge of market standard processes and tools to support Disaster Recovery and Supplier and Vendor Management.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £59, 075.96 per annum (Salary: £42, 976.96, London Allowance £2634, SFIA Supplement up to £13,456)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.