Apply now to become a police officer
Do you speak a foreign language and would consider joining the police? If so you might be just the person we are looking for!
We are now recruiting for police officers who as well as being fluent in English, are fluent in Polish, Latvian or Lithuanian.
Before applying, please ensure you read this advert and the Recruitment Guidance booklet fully to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1700 hours on 19 January 2018.Eligibility to apply
In order to be eligible to apply, you must meet all of the below criteria at the time of applying:
- You must be able to demonstrate sufficient competence in one of the following languages; Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish. This will be tested during the selection process
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a full UK/EU manual valid driving licence.
- You must not have 9 or more endorsable points on your driving licence at the point of applying or at any point throughout the process
- You must ensure that you are physically fit for the role - endurance will be tested during the selection process.
- You must not have been unsuccessful at a Police SEARCH assessment centre with any Police Force within the last six months - if you have been unsuccessful you must wait six months from the date of your assessment centre before you can apply again. This is six months at the date you apply.
- You must have been a resident in the UK for the last two years.
- You must be a UK, EU or Commonwealth Citizen, with no restrictions on your stay in the UK.
Important note: Applications will not be accepted from individuals who do not meet all the eligibility criteria.How to apply
The application process is made up of three stages:
Stage 1: Confirmation of Eligibility
If you are interested in applying you should thoroughly read the eligibility criteria, and only proceed to Stage 2 if all criteria are met. Please note, applications are pre-screened when received and any applicant who does not meet the above criteria will not be progressed further so it is in your interest to ensure you are eligible.
Stage 2: Request an application pack
If you are eligible and wish to obtain an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information; if all information is not provided, a pack will not be issued:
- Full name
- Postal address
- Preferred email address
You must declare that you meet the above eligibility criteria and understand that any false declarations may prevent you from applying to Lincolnshire Police in the future.
Stage 3: National Police Constable Application Form and Registration Form.
These must be returned with your application form by the closing date.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: 1700 hours on 19 January 2018.Summary of recruitment stages
The recruitment process consists of a number of stages as detailed in the recruitment guidance and takes several months to complete and is summarised below. You must complete each stage before they progress to the next stage.
- Completion of application, registration form and submission of all other information requested which includes photographs of tattoos and submission of qualification certificates [any missing information may lead to a delay in progressing application]
- Completion of application shortlisting
- Completion of National Police SEARCH assessment centre
- Completion of Force interview
- Completion of fitness test
- Completion of pre-employment checks, which include medical assessment, biometric testing, security vetting checks, random drug testing and employment reference checks
If you have any queries regarding your eligibility or any of the information outlined above, please contact the HR Resourcing & Succession Planning Team on (01522) 558235.
This campaign is aimed at increasing our candidate pool for recruitment over the next 12 months.
We wish you well throughout the recruitment and selection process.Related Documents & Further Reading
18 Dec 17 3:26 PM