Police Sergeant Transferees and Rejoiners
At Leicestershire Police, we pride ourselves on recognising people with real potential. It’s the reason we offer our officers so much support, motivation and training; because as they improve, so will our force.
Once you apply to transfer, you’ll find that we can help you realise your ambitions and develop your career. In the process, you’ll have the opportunity to raise your profile and take on serious policing challenges. More than that, you’ll do it in a unique and picturesque setting that balances busy urban centres with rural villages. The people are equally varied and represent a diverse range of ethnic cultural and economic backgrounds.
Whether you want to specialise in a specific area of policing, or make your way up through the ranks, our experienced leaders can help you get there. Simply bring us your talent, dedication and enthusiasm, and we’ll welcome you to the team.
We are currently recruiting for Sergeants in Patrol and Resolution, Neighbourhood policing and qualified Detective Sergeants.
If you have an excellent attendance record, are high performing and are looking for a new challenge then we could be the place for you. You must have been confirmed in the rank of Sergeant with your Force prior to submitting your application.
Leicestershire Police is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. All appointments will be made on merit. Successful candidates will embody our purpose and values.
• Be substantive in the rank of Sergeant / Detective Sergeant.
• Hold a Basic Driving authority.
• Be able to pass the necessary vetting and occupational health checks.
• Be able to pass the basic fitness test - shuttle run (bleep test) to level 5.4.
• Have no outstanding discipline or integrity issues.
• If you are a rejoiner, you must have resigned within the last five years and have passed your probationary period.
Pay and benefits:
• As a Sergeant Transferee, you will retain your continuous service and current level of pay (excluding Force specific benefits i.e London Weighting).
• You’ll also retain your annual leave entitlement, as long as there is no break in service. You will remain on your current pension arrangements.
• We give people the support they need to make a positive contribution to our services. For all the benefits you’ll receive as part of Leicestershire Police.
Stage 1: Your application – You will need to provide evidence of why you wish to transfer to Leicestershire Police and what challenges do you think you will encounter.
Stage 2: Interview – this will be with two senior officers who will be assessing you against the Competency and Values Framework, and also your commitment to Leicestershire Police and the challenges that we face as a County.
Stage 3: Pre–employment checks – If you are successful at the interview you will be invited in for a medical and fitness test. If you pass both the medical and fitness test we will also carry out vetting checks and contact your current force HR department and line manager for employment references.
Stage 4: Final Offer – If all of the above checks are met satisfactorily, we will write to you offering you a position with Leicestershire Police.
Please do not serve your notice to your current force until you have received your final offer letter in writing.
If you have any questions regarding any stage of the process, please contact HRR@Derbyshire.PNN.Police.UK.