ICT Commercial Manager
Tired of working in an organisation where you have lost sight of how your role makes a difference?
People and the community are central to everything that we do. We design products and deliver services that help our officers to combat crime, protect the vulnerable and enable safer communities, making a difference that matters. Exciting challenges lie ahead - as we transition out of our Covid-19 response, new digital technologies and alternative ways of working are transforming the way we protect our communities and bring people to justice and you can join our team and see your contributions positively impact policing our communities.
As part of the ICT Commercial and Finance Team, you will play a pivotal role in the department in ensuring best value for money and best delivery of service from our 3rd party vendors, in line with contractual obligations.
You will ensure the appropriate reporting, planning and controls are in place for the entire ICT budget. We are looking for someone to inspire and lead the team (consisting of Vendor Managers, Commercial Analysts and Finance/Admin Assistants) as well as innovate to adopt and embrace new methods to support and expedite consistent delivery of service. This is a key senior role within the department requiring you to work closely with other enabling departments and a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Can you demonstrate an established career in a commercial and contractual position within a similarly complex technical environment?
- Can you challenge the status quo and embed change effectively?
- Can you demonstrate your experience in strong Vendor Management in similar size organisations and on large high value (£m) / High Risk?
- Can you demonstrate outstanding communication skills as well as experience of engaging effectively with technical staff, business users and senior stakeholders?
- Do you have hands-on financial management and reporting experience? Able to establish process and working with other enabling functions (i.e. Finance & Procurement).
- Can you evidence your excellent leadership skills in creating, establishing, leading and managing high performing teams?
This role could be carried out remotely, with the occasional requirement for travel to Hampshire Constabulary and Thames Valley Police offices.
What can we offer you?
We recognise that continued training and professional development is important and we aim to continue to improve on your capabilities. Our employees are at the heart of what we do in ICT and we place a great deal of importance on the wellbeing of our staff. We have a number of professional departments providing help and support including a welfare team.
TVP as an employer, contribute 13.5% of pensionable pay into a member’s pension pot. You will be entitled to up 29 days of annual leave per annum, plus Bank Holidays.
If you have not held residency in the UK for a combined period of at least 12 months within the last 3 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
If you have any questions about the job please email Tracy Ryder on Tracy.Ryder@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
To apply please send your CV outlining your skills and experience in line with the job requirements to RecruitmentStaffICT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting reference 17552.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 23rd May 2021. We may not always wait until the job advert closes to review and progress applications so we suggest that you submit your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Previous applicants who applied within the last four months need not apply as your application would have already been considered.