The Avon and Somerset force is a large employer in the South West and is made up of over 5000 Police Officers, staff and volunteers. It is structured into eight policing and enabling services directorates which form the backbone to its effective operation.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary is positioned to provide an exciting career. It's transforming and you'll contribute to the journey. It has a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force striving to provide outstanding policing for everyone. If you're looking for a fresh challenge which offers variety and a genuine opportunity to broaden your experience and make a difference, come and join us in the Finance and Business Services Directorate.
Your new role: The Finance Department is looking for candidates for a number of opportunities within the Management Accounting Team supporting the production of accurate, timely and targeted financial information to help drive decision making within the force.
Your tasks will include:
- Providing business partners with financial reports including budget monitoring, variance analysis and reconciliations of pay costs against budget.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget and medium term financial plan.
- Evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining financial systems and ensuring financial processes are efficient and effective by working with colleagues, clients and stakeholders to identify and implement solutions and best practice.
- Providing financial advice and ensure procedures are followed in accordance with financial regulations.
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally you will hold or be working towards AAT / CCAB accounting qualification or be a fully qualified Accounting Technician (or equivalent) with accountancy experience in public finance.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to meet deadlines, prioritise workloads and work independently.
- Detail focused with a concern for accuracy.
- Strong Excel skills.
- The post holder should ideally hold a full current driving licence or be able to travel around the force using alternative transport. Please note: Vetting will be required for the successful applicant.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
If an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy / in need of redeployment has applied for this role and pass the selection process they will be offered the role over the remaining internal and / or external applicants.
Please indicate or advise if you have any reasonable adjustments we may need to consider at any stage of your application.
Please be advised we are unable to supply any feedback after shortlisting.
Please note that IF this is a temporary post, internal applicants will need to decide if they wish to take up the position knowing that you will be giving up the right to your substantive post.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We are working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the Constabulary, where communities are currently under-represented including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions, gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve. All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.