Neighbourhood Alert Officer
The purpose of the role is to design and disseminate public facing messages onto the Forces system, which might also then be placed on the websites and social media platforms. The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Respond to operational need as identified and ensure timely and accurately updates are sent on the Alert system.
• Copywriting, proof reading, design and dissemination of public facing messages on the system, which might also be placed on the websites and social media platforms.
• Identify common message topics based on regular requests from users, developing templates to fulfil these needs and promoting them to other colleagues who use the system.
• Ensure branding is applied and consistent in all messaging. • Quality assure all messages on the system by dip sampling.
• Maintain and administer the database, acting as the main point of contact.
• Research force computer systems and information provided by officers to identify suitable and appropriate messages for broadcasting on the Alert system.
• Attend internal and external meetings in relation to the performance and development of the Alert system.
• Establish and maintain communication with partners in the criminal justice and public safety arena, in order to action joint messages when appropriate.
• Provide performance data and other management information on the output and outcome of the Alert system.
• Market the service, internally and externally, maximising the opportunities for effective usage.
• Train colleagues to use Neighbourhood Alert System across both organisations.
For further information please see the attached role profile.