Personal Safety Training Manager - HC7973
We have a vacancy for a Personal Safety Training Manager, based at Netley, in this role you will line manage people within the Personal Safety Training team, ensuring the provision of effective and efficient training in line with organisational priorities and needs. You will also design, deliver, assess and evaluate training according to role and Learning and Development Department requirements, including supporting relevant strategic force leads.
Key tasks will include:
1. Ensure the efficient and effective design, delivery, assessment and evaluation of training that the team is responsible for.
2. Lead and manage their people in order to get the best from them.
3. Deputise for the team manager in their absence when requested.
4. Carry out training needs analysis, design, delivery, assessment and evaluation as required.
5. Lead training projects required to meet customer needs.
6. Maintain a high level of personal knowledge of developments in law and operational/specialist practice relevant to team and role.
7. Manage physical training environments as appropriate (e.g. classrooms and POSU training areas).
8. Represent L&D at relevant force and national working groups as appropriate.
9. Act as budget manager for training equipment and maintenance as applicable.
10. Manage the Force requirement under Winsor in relation to the Job Related Fitness Test (JRFT) to ensure compliance.
11. Implement Force Policy on Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Data Protection, and ensure adherence by staff in order to comply with the legislation and standards of good practice.
Based at Netley, however the role holder may be required to visit other locations within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, and therefore needs to have the ability to travel as necessary.
Hours of duty are 37 per week, worked within a flexitime scheme, with a requirement to work some evenings/weekends.
Flexibility in hours and working patterns is essential. Normal duty time is daytime Mon-Fri, but some evening and weekend work will be required. Occasional overtime may also be required.
A nationally recognised learning and development qualification at QCF Level 3 (minimum 30 credits) plus one years experience or to have undertaken significant work related experience that may be deemed to have brought the post holder to a comparable level.
Proven experience in the management and development of staff.
Training needs analysis, design, delivery, assessment and evaluation of training experience.
Competencies and Personal Qualities
Take Ownership Level 2
We Deliver, Support and Inspire Level 2
We are collaborative Level 1
Contact details for an informal discussion
Please contact the Recruitment Team on 01962 846438 or email@example.com