PS/981/H A5 Senior Intelligence Analyst
Applications are invited for the role of a Senior Intelligence Analyst. The role is within the Serious Crime and Safeguarding Command based at Police Headquarters, Welwyn Garden City. The post-holder will play a crucial role in delivering intelligence analysis that supports the disruption and prevention of organised crime and which protects people from serious harm.
This post represents an opportunity to make a significant contribution. You will not only be responsible for the identification and assessment of threat, risk and harm, you will also lead a team who support a variety of police investigations. No two days are ever the same and you will be joining a fast-paced environment that is committed to achieving the best outcomes for victims of crime and Hertfordshire’s communities.
As a result, we are looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Intelligence Analyst who will:
• Lead a team of Intelligence Analysts and Researchers – you will direct tasks, provide guidance and senior expertise, and promote the best use of intelligence analysis. You will ensure that work streams are prioritised and that analysis and research is delivered to an exceptional standard.
• You will support the Constabulary’s Tasking & Coordination processes and deliver threat assessments that are capable of directing police resources. This will involve advising senior managers on the best use of assets and also providing senior level insights into crime problems and vulnerability concerns.
• The post-holder will be responsible for commissioning analysis that informs problem solving responses. You will also help formulate responses in conjunction with operational and strategic colleagues.
• Reporting to a Principal Crime Analyst you will ensure the continued professional development of Intelligence Analysts and Researcher; facilitating workshops, delivering coaching, managing recruitment and performance.
• The post-holder will support the Constabulary’s exploitation of technology and the development of new techniques, so that intelligence analysis is able to contend with the demands of modern policing.
Applicants must be trained in intelligence analysis techniques and have at least three years’ experience of working as an Analyst in law enforcement. You must also possess excellent data analysis skills and be able to demonstrate the use of i2 products, GIS, data mining technology and Excel. Applicants are invited to contact Clare Hill on telephone number 07889 647210
For the purposes of the application you will be expected to provide evidence against the personal qualities below and the entry requirements:
We are emotionally aware
We take ownership
We are innovative and open-minded
We deliver, support and inspire
There is a word count limit of 500 words per section
**All applications must be submitted through our online recruitment website by clicking the apply button below**
**Please note that this advert will be live to redeployees throughout the recruitment of this advert. Any redeployee that applies will only need to evidence against the minimum entry requirements of the role profile. To do this if you are a redeployee, write ‘Redeployee’ in the other competency boxes and just complete your evidence against the minimum entry requirements in the relevant box. Redeployees will take priority over other candidates at any point during the recruitment process up until a final offer is produced and you will be notified if this happens.**