First Contact Centre Call Handler
British Transport Police are looking to recruit a pool of Contact Handlers to be based in our First Contact Centre in Birmingham City Centre. This is a Permanent Contract paying £23,310.30 (plus 20% Shift allowance) per annum.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a First Contact Centre Call Handler you will be instrumental to helping the force to reduce crime and increase passenger confidence by acting as the first line of contact for operational staff, members of the public and train operating companies. You will work in our national 24/7 Contact Centre and be expected to deliver a high quality customer service in support of BTP's objectives and priorities in accordance with Force policy, legislative and national directives.
As a Contact Handler you will be required to make fast time decisions to provide the most appropriate police response: responsibilities will include
- Being the first point of contact for contact handing from both members of the public and rail staff via multiple contact channels which include - telephone, email, text and twitter.
- Capturing and recording relevant information accurately on Force systems.
- Provide excellent service delivery to those victims vulnerable to the risk of harm
- Record all reported crimes and seek to add value to any initial investigation.
- Ensuring cover is provided and being supportive of requests to change shift when required.
- Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Call Handler will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Demonstrate effective communication; written, oral and listening skills
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to make decision based on the threat of harm.
- IT Literate with the ability to use multiple integrated systems
- Excellent keyboard skills – the ability to capture information timely during the contact.
If you are interested in applying to this Call Handler role then please do not delay as interviews and assessments will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual Salary £23,310.30 plus 20% Shift Allowance.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.