Police Officer - Sergeant Transferees - Various Locations
Cheshire Constabulary is looking to enhance its policing capacity by recruiting transferees at the rank of Police Sergeant. Applicants are welcomed from Home Office Forces only. Cheshire Constabulary welcomes applications at the rank of Police Sergeant. Detective Sergeants are also welcome to apply, however please be aware that only uniformed roles are likely to be available.
The application form can be accessed and submitted via our e-recruitment system. You will be required to bring your last two PDRs and a copy of your sickness record if you are successful and are invited to interview. Further details of the recruitment process are included in more detail below.
Postings will be dependent upon vacancies at the time and could be located anywhere in Cheshire.
• Be a substantive police constable / sergeant and not subject to a probationary / tenure period
• Be a current serving police officer in a Home Office force
• Have no outstanding discipline or integrity issues
• Declare any business interests at the time of applying
• Meet the forces attendance standards
This advert is open until the end of February when shortlisting will take place thereafter.
You will be contacted in March to be advised of the outcomes of the shortlisting process, and given information regarding the subsequent stages of the recruitment process as well as intake dates later into the year.
The transferee recruitment process:
1. Your application is paper sifted to ensure you meet eligibility criteria as above
2. You will be invited in for a competency based interview, Cheshire Constabulary assesses officers against the Police Professional Framework (PPF).
3. Following a successful interview vetting, medical and fitness checks will be initiated
4. We will contact your line manager if you are successful at interview for a reference (please note we will ask your permission before we do this but we cannot give a formal offer without it).
5. You will be required to attend a medical appointment which will be arranged by Occupational Health
6. Following vetting and medical clearances you will be posted** onto the next available intake
7. We will write to your current Force’s HR department for a final reference confirming your service dates, vetting and PSD checks and salary details.
8. Upon starting with Cheshire Constabulary you will attend an induction course after which you will start in your role at your relevant posting.
** Postings are determined taking into account both individual preferences and the resourcing needs of the organisation. Whilst every effort will be made to meet individual preferences this, regrettably, cannot always be guaranteed.
How to apply:
Please click ‘apply now’ and complete the mandatory, basic questions. Complete the attached application form and upload this into the ‘upload documents section’ along with the requested documents in the guidance notes.
The Police Service is an equal opportunities organisation and is determined to ensure that:
The workforce reflects the diverse society which it serves and that the working environment is free from any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment.
No job applicant or volunteer is treated more or less favourably on the grounds of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief or disability. This is subject to the Police Service engaging in positive action scheme which intends to overcome or minimise a person’s disadvantage. Cheshire Constabulary operate a zero tolerance policy regarding any form of discrimination, victimisation, bullying or harassment.
No job applicant or volunteer is disadvantaged by a provision, criterion or practice which cannot be shown to be a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim.
Should you require a reasonable adjustment to our recruitment process please contact MFSS Recruitment on 01606 366800 at the earliest opportunity to ensure that measures can be put in place to enable your application for this post.
Please be aware that preferences will be given to those on the redeployment register.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that this vacancy may close early, therefore please submit your application as early as possible.
The Force does not re-imburse travel to interview expenses.
The Force operates a no smoking policy.