Police Staff: Force Control Room Operative - Multi Skilled - Northamptonshire FHQ
JOB TITLE: Force Control Room Operative – Multi Skilled
SUPERVISION AND CONTROL: FCR Team Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No Subordinates
PLACE OF WORK: Force Control Room
HOURS OF WORK: As per shift pattern
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To answer all calls for service in the Force Control Room, providing the public with advice and guidance, ensuring incidents are risk assessed and then graded, allocating and dispatching the appropriate resources in accordance with that assessment and ensuring that they are resolved correctly.
1. Allocate resources to incidents and operations in line with the risk they present, the operational objectives and Force guidelines. To communicate with operational and partnership (fire service etc) resources and commanders (interrogating force systems where required) to ensure timely and appropriate dispatch and correct resolution. To include the deployment to, and management of, ANPR hits.
2. To review and risk assess incidents passed to the FCR for deployment and, where appropriate, re-grade them in line with force guidelines
3. To report immediately to a supervisor all incidents that are, or have the potential to develop in to, high risk matters.
4. To operate a range of force systems in order to record and retrieve information and intelligence.
5. To answer both emergency and non-emergency calls and establish the nature and risk of reported incidents, determining the most appropriate response making value based decisions and accurately recording them onto the command and control system.
6. To receive, and record accurately (including the linking of duplicate nominals) on to force systems, reports of crime and missing persons in line with current force standards, Crime Recording Standards and Home Office Counting Rules.
7. To allocate scheduled appointments where appropriate.
8. To resolve incidents that can be resolved through the giving of advice to callers by utilising the appropriate policies and legal procedures.
9. To receive, and record accurately (including the linking of duplicate nominals) on to force systems, reports of crime and missing persons in line with current force standards, Crime Recording Standards and Home Office Counting Rules.
10. To provide support to specialist operations including silver related incidents.
11. To complete any other reasonable task in support of FCR business.
The job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which the post holder will be required to work. In the interests of effective working and major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and other consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder. The post holder will be also required to carry out such other duties as may be determined from time to time to be within the general scope of the post.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The appointment will be full time and subject to the conditions of service of the Police Staff Council.
The annual leave entitlement is 22 days with a further 5 days after 5 years continuous service.
To complete the application please download the application questions and click "Apply Now".