REGIONAL OPERATIONAL TRAINER - GATWICKREGIONAL OPERATIONAL TRAINER
£34,000 WITH BUSINESS USE ELECTRIC CAR, PENSION AND LIFE INSURANCE,
25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS
Discount vouchers across hundreds of retailers
This is to cover Gatwick, Kent, Heathrow, Portsmouth.
Job objectives and responsibilities:
The Training team are an integral part of Learning and Development, proudly supporting the Mitie Care & Custody Senior Leadership Team in their objective to ensure new and existing colleagues are appropriately trained to fulfil their role and developed to their full potential. As a role model, you must be inclusive, positive and engaging, advocating the principles of ‘You are Mitie' in everything you do going the extra mile for your students.
Working in collaboration with the Regional Training Managers, Regional Operational Training Teams, Operational Management, QHSE, the Home Office and MitieGroup L&D team, the role requires individuals to work autonomously with passion to deliver the exceptional every day, being fully committed across all Care & Custody contracts.
Main duties and accountabilities:
• To be an active member of the Training Team role modelling Mitie values, You Are Mitie principles and Professional standards challenging behaviour that is not aligned
• Manage the completion of the Regional Training Plan and the delivery of ITC's, OSO, Refreshers etc taking responsibility for ensuring adequate resource is maintained for all programmes
• Deliver training packages to cohorts of new and experienced Care & Custody colleagues both virtually and in person to ensure best practice is embedded, compliance with all legislative and contractual is achieved and relevant Training assessments are completed • Deliver Train the Trainer packages for Operational Coaches, Buddies & Mentors
• Participate in the training of team members facilitating ‘Upskilling' workshops for Operational Trainers
• Use a variety of techniques to suit different learning styles, neurodiversity needs and individual special requirements
• Monitor the progress of delegates during training and provide developmental verbal and written feedback to assist with their progress during MiBase Training.
• Work in collaboration with Training Support Team to ensure that Training Records are utilised to maintain a record of individual training and assessments completed. This includes the recording of attendance for recruitment planning, renumeration and vetting purposes
• Regularly review existing training materials and recommend changes to support Continuous Improvement
• Support the Regional Training Manager in actively promoting training across Care & Custody, contributing to the goal of supporting all staff to reach their full potential
• Assist with the design, development, review, and continuous improvement of bespoke Care & Custody learning packages, working in collaboration with the Regional Training Manager(s) and the Operational training team to update and develop training materials in line with changes in process or policy
• Promote DCO apprenticeships to support the Mitie Group apprenticeship strategy
• Take responsibility for becoming an SME in areas such as Trauma informed care, Safeguarding, Operational Processes, Information Technology, MHFA, Social values, Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion
• Minimum 2 years experience in a people facing training role
• Minimum 1 year's experience in a fast paced ever changing environment working autonomously and remotely within a wider team
• The ability to travel to locations across a designated region to deliver face to face training with regular overnight stays
• Career experience in the use of a range of techniques to support training and development activities is required
• Relevant and industry recognised accreditations and qualifications e.g. Education and training qualification level 3 or equivalent and/or previous coaching & teaching experience
• Demonstrable ability to adapt behaviours, communication styles and approaches for differing groups of people
• Positive and self-motivating with the ability to champion the Mitie core values
• Administrative, record keeping and report writing skills
• Effective, confident and clear written communication skills
• Ability to confidently use and work with Microsoft Packages and systems
• A natural curiosity to develop and master personal skills and knowledge
• Approachable, engaging and authentic communication style
• Use of Force, First Aid or H&S instructor is desirable but not essential
• Previous Line Manager experience beneficial but not critical Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system; Information Security
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager
• Report actual and suspected security incidents
Our market-leading offering provides you with benefits that suit your lifestyle.
We have a virtual GP on hand for you and members of your household. So you can get expert advice by video or phone without having to leave your home. We offer financial wellbeing assistance through our Salary Finance scheme. For example, you could access 50% of your earned pay before payday for a small fee. Salary Finance also offers competitive loans.
When you join us, we’ll give you a link to our flexible lifestyle benefits platform, Choices. You might choose to purchase up to five extra days’ holiday each year. You might buy critical illness insurance, seek dental treatment or buy technology products at an affordable cost. There are many choices!
We give you access to high street discounts from thousands of well-known retailers, gyms and more through our MiDeals platform. And we have a cycle-to-work scheme. Life cover of up to four times your salary is available. We also offer enhanced pension contributions, a save-as-you-earn scheme, and a Mitie Matching Share Plan (you could even be awarded free shares in Mitie).
We award our employees with Mitie Stars as recognition for their hard work. There are cash prizes up for grabs each month and at the end of the year there’s a chance to scoop a top prize of £10,000!
Our success is a direct result of the experience and quality of our people. Progressing your career is therefore a top priority for us. We offer a diverse variety of training and development avenues via a wide selection of learning resources to suit you.
Since 1987, Mitie’s 68,000 employees have been maintaining companies globally. We are the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, and our clients range from household names in banking, critical government sites as well as hospitals and schools.
Join our Mitie Team.
Together our diversity makes us stronger.