HP - PNC/ANPR Operator
Department: Force Control Room
Salary: £20,118 - £24,156 (plus allowances which enhances salary)
Allowances: Shift Allowance & Weekend Working Allowance
Location: Melton 2
We are looking to recruit for future anticipated vacancies.
- succession planning
We are looking for experienced staff to join the Force Control Room as a PNC/ANPR Operator.
This role involves interrogating and researching data on the Police National Computer and operating all other national and force computer systems which are held within the PNC Bureau.
We are specifically looking for someone who has experience of working within a confidential environment or has an awareness of confidentiality when working within a sensitive environment. You will be required to perform enquiries, maintain, and create records and perform updates as necessary on the Police National Computer and to receive and relay information over radio channels on ANPR.
The role involves liaising with internal departments and external agencies therefore experience of liaising with people at all levels is key.
You will be required to make informal judgements and make a range of day-to-day decisions about operational use of ANPR/PNC system in line with policy and procedure. Although there are specific policies and legislations to follow, you will be expected to use regular levels of initiative and justify the decisions which are made.
What is Required?
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent work experience
- Experience of basic office work
- Experience of using databases and inputting data from computerised or manual systems.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and to specified deadlines
- Ability to collate and analyse a variety of information.
For further information relating to the role and tasks of this position please refer to the attached role requirement.
Why Join Humberside Police?
Humberside Police have policies in place to support a good work-life balance and employee well-being.
Further benefits are:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7)
- Flexible working where applicable
- Generous pension scheme
- Blue Light Discount
- Gym Memberships
- Job Security
- Free on-site parking
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable UK residential history criteria of at least 5 years in order to apply for a role within Humberside Police in any capacity.
- Successful candidates will undergo a vetting procedure pre-requisite of employment.
- Internal applicants must have completed their probation period and tenure (if applicable) before applying for this role.
How to apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Closing Date: Monday 22nd August 2022 at 23.55
It is not likely that closing dates will be extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and would need to be with the permission of the HR Manager, Recruitment and the Line Manager for the role.
- Role Requirement
- Guidance for completing your application
- Recruitment Brochure
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page: