VAWG Investigations Scrutiny Panel Independent Chair
Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Investigations Scrutiny Panel
One Volunteer Post
West Yorkshire Police is committed to creating an environment where women and girls can feel safe and be safe within the county, free of fear and harassment.
All women and girls have their own unique experiences of discrimination and oppression, and we must develop an intersectional lens to be truly inclusive and alert to all issues that have the potential to marginalise women and girls, whether it be race, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, or disability.
As part of the Force’s commitment to reducing Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG), West Yorkshire Police are seeking to appoint a voluntary Independent Chairperson to oversee the VAWG Investigations Scrutiny Panel to help improve confidence in how crimes are investigated. We are committed to increasing our external scrutiny to improve how victims are supported, investigations are conducted and how perpetrators are brought to justice.
The role of the Independent Chair will be:
• To help maintain an effective relationship between West Yorkshire Police, Partners, and the diverse communities of West Yorkshire, whilst also acting as a critical friend.
• Play a pivotal role in developing the VAWG Investigation Scrutiny Panel
• Establish regular independent scrutiny of force performance in responding to VAWG, aligned to internal audit activity
• Involve and empower women and girls, including those from minority or marginalised groups – and/or their representatives at every stage
Within the role profile attachment, please click the icons which will open the application pack. This includes:
1. The Chairperson Role Description (PDF)
2. Personal Supporting Statement Document (Word)
3.Terms of Reference (PDF)
The application process will close at 23:55 hours on the 12th of August 2022.