Specialist Ops Investigations Support Officer
Are you an organised and motivated individual looking for a new challenge?
Do you have investigation experience and enjoy gathering evidence to support prosecutions?
We are looking for 4 Investigation Support Officers to join our Counter Corruption Unit and Professional Standards Department (PSD).
You will be working as part of a busy team using specialist skills including interviewing witnesses and obtaining statements, reviewing evidence and compiling written reports to assist in the preparation of misconduct and criminal investigations.
The rate of pay for your casual work is £14.21 per hour for actual hours worked.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Working as part of a team to support the investigations of public complaints, death and serious injuries following police contact (DSI’s), alleged misconduct and criminal behaviour of Avon and Somerset employees.
- Accurately maintaining, creating, and updating records on both manual and computerised systems
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Experience in interviewing witnesses and taking statements
- Skilled computer user with knowledge of Microsoft programmes and experience of maintaining and updating computer systems
- Skilled communicator both verbally and in writing with the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and external partners
- Experience of gathering and collating information and writing reports
- Criminal investigation support
- Experience of handling digital evidence
- Experience of criminal or misconduct investigations
- Experience of working in a safeguarding role
Please note this role involves travelling around the South West using allocated work vehicles. A current driving licence is required.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 5 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.