SYP - Police Constable - Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP) - extension
Role: Police Constable - Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP)
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: £23,556 or £26,682
Be the future of South Yorkshire Police
Being a police constable is not just a job. It’s a career.
South Yorkshire Police is recruiting for the Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP) with a planned start date of February 2023.
Becoming a police constable is a career like no other. Not only will you be taking on challenges that will change your life, but you’ll be working to protect the people and communities of South Yorkshire. This is a career where you’ll travel between urban cities and rural towns, meeting people from all walks of life.
You’ll be on the front line, detecting and preventing crime, while providing support and protection to the communities of South Yorkshire. This is your chance to take on a challenge that will change lives.
A career with South Yorkshire Police is the chance for you to take on a challenge that will change lives. Whether you’re a school-leaver, a graduate or searching for new opportunities, we welcome applications from all backgrounds and communities.
On application all applicants:
- Must be 17 or above at the time of application, however you will need to be 18 before appointment
- Have resided in the UK for three continuous years immediately prior to application
- Must be either a British citizen, a citizen of the EU or other states in the EEA, or a Commonwealth citizen or foreign national with indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- Ideally, you will have a full manual driving licence
- Tattoos - The Force is currently reviewing the Standards and Appearance Policy, with particular focus to Tattoos. All visible tattoos will be reviewed on a case by case basis, pending consultation of the Policy review. Until such time, please do not be discouraged from applying to the Force. Any visible tattoos will be discussed on a case by case basis
- Must not be a current or previous member of a proscribed terrorist organisation or group
For further information, please visit our eligibility criteria & FAQ’s pages.
Joining the police force is a life choice. There will be a lot expected of you, especially when it comes to working nights and unsociable hours, but no day is the same. This is a career that will keep you on your toes; it is a challenge, but the reward is immense.
What we offer
- Starting salary of either £23,556 or £26,682 depending on qualifications/accreditation/experience
- Adjustment grant for applicants who can demonstrate a reduction in salary on starting with the force
- Annual leave of 22 days increasing with length of service plus bank holidays
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance service (accessible 24/7) covering a wide range of health, wellbeing and lifestyle issues
- Support and advice from our Occupational Health Unit
- Access to established staff support groups
For further information, please visit our ‘what we offer’ page.
Closing Date: 31st August 2022
We are holding a recruitment event for the Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP).
These are great events that give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and speak to our recruitment team and officers already doing the job.
The events are held over Teams, the next one for the DHEP entry route is on Wednesday, 3 August. If you are interested in joining click on the links below to book your place.
DHEP - Wednesday, 3 August
Contact point for applicants:
For further information about the role, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an organisation that welcome, support and value those from underrepresented communities. From difference comes invaluable life experiences, ideas and ways of thinking and by encouraging individuality we are working towards serving our communities and understanding our public better. Please visit the diversity and inclusion page to find out more: https://www.southyorkshire.police.uk/sign-up/join-team-syp/diversity-in-the-force/
If you are from an underrepresented group and want to find out more about the support we can offer, please contact our dedicated team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.