Detective Constable Re-Joiner - CID/Public Protection (SIU)
Sussex Police are part of the College of Policing’s Return to Investigative Practice (RTIP); a project designed to equip those who have left policing with the necessary skills, training and confidence to return to work.
We are going through considerable modernisation to transform what we do, how we operate to the highest standards and how we improve our service to local communities. Our Investigations roles have been re-modelled and as a result of the precept increases over the past few years, you will be joining us in a period of transformation and growth.
It is an exciting time to return to policing.
There is no restriction on how long you’ve been out of policing – be it one year or 10 – and we welcome applications from all former Detective Constables who have the desire to help keep communities safe & feeling safe, identify & protect vulnerable people and prevent & respond to harm.
If you were a Detective Constable and are thinking about re-joining policing, then we want to hear from you.
For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the College of Policing’s Return to Investigative Practice project please click here.
Sussex Police can offer you:
• National salary plus £1,500pa South East allowance paid monthly.
• A detective payment of £850pa paid monthly for all qualified detectives in agreed detective posts (up to Detective Chief Inspector rank).
• An additional payment of £500pa paid monthly for all qualified detectives who work in our Safeguarding Investigating Units (SIU), Police Online Investigation Team (POLIT) and Complex Abuse Unit (CAU) (up to Detective Chief Inspector rank).
• The opportunity to indicate your preferred division. Whilst we cannot guarantee any posting we will take your preference into consideration.
• 25 days annual leave per year, rising to 30 days depending on your length of service.
• Opportunity to progress through promotion and / or specialism.
• A competitive benefits package and flexible and part-time working patterns to help you achieve a work-life balance.
• Free bus travel across Sussex and discounted rail travel.
• Incredible colleagues who will support your return.
• Have served in a Home Office Force or British Transport Police (BTP)
• Have completed your probation period prior to leaving the force and achieved independent patrol status.
• Have been a substantive Detective at PIP 2 having completed the NIE and your portfolio.
• Have a full UK manual driving licence.
• Have had no disciplinary, integrity or performance issues.
• Not have any cautions or convictions.
• Have not made another application to re-join another police force at the same time.
• Have resided in the UK for three years immediately prior to submitting your application (exceptions to this are considered on a case by case basis).
• Declare any business interests.
• Not be a member of the British National Party (BNP) or similar organisation.
• Not have any existing County Court Judgements (CCJ’s) outstanding against you or have been registered bankrupt and not have been discharged for the past three years.
• Not have any tattoos which cause offence.
If you have any questions please email email@example.comDiversity Statement
We are only as good as our people. It's really important to us that our officers and staff can be themselves in the workplace and we believe that as an organisation we'll benefit from the variety of thinking, approach and skills that diversity can bring; all of which helps us to deliver a better policing service.
We have worked really hard to create a safe, open and inclusive culture. We have a range of staff networking groups to provide specific support and advice and we are proud to be members of Stonewall and Disability Confident, and to be aligned with the Armed Forces Covenant and the HeForShe movement.
We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities so, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, disability, social status or religious beliefs, we would love to hear from you.