Full Time (37 Hours) - Permanent and Zero Hours Contracts Available
£21,837 - £24,576 per annum plus 20% shift allowance and weekend enhancements
Friday 15th July 2022 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2506 on application form
Royalty and VIP Protection is a dedicated unit adjacent to the Royal Estate at Sandringham. The unit has responsibility for visits of protected Royalty and VIPs within both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabulary areas.
Applications are invited for the above posts in this established unit on both a permanent and Zero Hours basis. The successful candidates will become an initial point of contact for all site visitors and enquiries, providing support administratively (including visitor logs, maintenance records, intelligence reports) whilst monitoring security systems including alarms and CCTV technology. You will be handling internal and external calls, including those from officers, the general public and estate staff. This post requires professionalism and discretion, with vital observation skill and attention to detail to support the correct deployment of police units in accordance with respective RAVIPP control room protocols.
The role requires for security concerns to be documented and assessed ensuring that the security of residences on the Royal Sandringham Estate are protected. Full training will be provided and a 12 month probationary period will be required. Candidates will be expected to work with minimal supervision but also, on occasions, to take instruction from an operational firearms commander and will become an integral part of a team.
12-hour shifts will be worked on a rotation basis consisting of 4 on 4 off pattern, commensurate allowances will be paid. There may be a need for candidates to be flexible in accommodating shift changes to meet operational demands. Communications Officers will be required to work initially from Dersingham Police Station plus surrounding operational units within the Sandringham Estate.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to retain a clear, professional approach with the public and staff at all levels
- Demonstrate an ability to rationalise, prioritise and remain objective under pressure
- Demonstrate an ability to work with minimal supervision but to take instruction where required
- Evidence good problem solving skills and situational judgement
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and an aptitude to learn other computerised systems
- Ability to type accurately
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake work activities with discretion and diplomacy.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience in deployment and dispatch
- Previous experience of security operations
Hours of work are 37 per week. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
All successfully shortlisted applications will be invited to attend a formal interview.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected]