Part time - Business Support Officer
Business Support Officer
Based at Heysham, Morecambe
Salary up to £20,370 (Pro rata) per annum plus an excellent benefits package
18.75 hours per week (Mon – Thurs 09:00 – 13:00 and Friday 12:00 – 14:45)
Help our officers to perform their best
The Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC) is an armed police service that’s dedicated to the nuclear industry. Our vision is to be recognised as a provider of a world-class service for the protection of nuclear material and facilities. Given the critical nature of our work, it’s vital that we recruit skilled and committed professionals to our high-performing team. In this key role, you’ll support our officers so they can fulfil their duties, protecting nuclear sites – and national security.
As part of our Business Support team, you’ll provide a proactive, high-level business service that our units can depend on. Day-to-day, you’ll draft and type documents, maintain databases and handle administrative tasks, including arranging travel. You’ll also provide first class secretarial support to a nominated senior officer.
Professional and organised, you’ll have proven administrative skills. These will cover minute taking, record keeping and office systems. A relevant qualification would be ideal, but it’s more important that you’re good with people and able to work independently.
As police staff the public expect us to display the highest standards, values and professional qualities at all times. The CNC values and Code of Ethics applies to all police staff and sets out the principles and standards of behaviour we expect to see, and you are responsible for displaying and delivering these to the highest standards.
This role has been assessed as suitable for regular homeworking, which will be done on a 20% remote working / 80% office working split.
Benefits of working for the CNC -
- 20% of the time in this role will allow for remote/home working
- 27.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time staff)
- Generous pension scheme (20.7% employers contribution)
- Flexi-time working scheme
- Additional 15 minutes unpaid time worked during the week to accrue additional leave for period between Christmas and New Year
- Bonus scheme - dependent on organisations performance, up to a maximum of 7% of salary
- Enhanced family friendly and wellbeing policies
- Officers and staff also have the opportunity to join the national Blue Light Card scheme which offers discounts on a variety of products and services to those working in the emergency services, NHS and Armed Forces
- Cycle to Work scheme
When applying for this role please evidence your skills and experience against the role requirements. To view a copy of the full job description please click here - JD - Operational Business Support Officer.docx