Expressions of Interest - Special Constable
Make a difference to your community. Submit your expression of interest today for the role of Special Constable and we will contact you when recruitment opens.
Please be advised this is not an application for the role.The Role
You already have a career you love - now you want a different challenge in your spare time. As a special constable officer you'll have the same uniform and powers as regular officers. From being first on the scene and taking knives off the streets to educating young people, you'll be working alongside regular police officers and PCSOs to make Sussex safer.
Our 'Specials', as the special constables are known, come from all walks of life. Specials are men and women of all races and faiths. They're teachers, taxi drivers, chefs, accountants and secretaries and they all volunteer a minimum of 16 hours a month. When you join Sussex Police, you become part of our policing family - we are with you each step of the way.Skills & Experience
To apply you will need to:
• Be aged 18 years or over when applying. There is no upper age limit.
• Hold a GCSE or equivalent (A*-C) in Maths and English
• Have lived in the UK for three continuous years, immediately prior to application.
• Have leave to enter or leave to remain and work in the UK for an indefinite period.
• Not be a member of the British National Party (BNP) or other relevant organisations, such as Combat 18 or The National Front.
• Be able to volunteer at least 16 hours a month.
• Not have tattoos which can be seen as discriminatory, violent or intimidating or could be offensive.
• Not have more than 6 penalty points on your driving license within three years prior to the application date. (You do not need a driving license to apply)
• There are a number of jobs that are considered incompatible with the role of special constable. To be sure that your current employment will not prevent your application from proceeding please see below or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Surrey Police and Sussex Police are committed to providing quality in the service we deliver, the career opportunities we offer our people and to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
If you have any other queries – please contact email@example.comDiversity Statement
At Sussex Police we’re committed to diversity in the workforce. We welcome applications from everyone in the community and particularly people from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) and white other backgrounds.
We also encourage applications from women, the LGBT community and people with disabilities.
As part of this commitment, we provide a mentoring scheme for BAME candidates.
To find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org